Substitute Teachers & Substitute School Nurses Needed
- Days 1-20 - $110/day
- Days 21-60 - $120/day
- 61 or more days - $130/day
Substitute applications are accepted at the Administration Building, 1140 Salisbury Road, Allentown, by appointment. Please call Mary Bishop at 610-797-2062, ext. 1000 to schedule a date and time.
Applicants must include the following items in their application packet:
- A complete and signed application (professional application for teachers, support staff application for school nurses)
- Letter of interest
- A copy of current clearances within 60 months.
- FBI fingerprint Clearance (where prompted on site, enter Service Code 1KG6XN to register)or receipt indicating registration ID# (Only the PA Department of Education version will be accepted)
- Act 34: PA State Police Request for Criminal History Check - https://epatch.state.pa.us
- Act 151: PA Child Abuse History Clearance https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- Act 168: Please download form here and complete page 1 and sign and date where indicated at the top of page 2. Bring the completed forms with you to your session. You will prepare one for each of your current and previous employers that fall within the following categories (please include fax numbers of employers):
- The applicant's current employer (regardless of whether the employer is a school entity and/or where the applicant had direct contact with children);
- All former employers of the applicant that were school entities; and
- All former employers where the applicant was employed in a position where he/she had direct contact with children.
- Current Resume
- Physical within 12 months - for health records form click here (original must be verified at session)
- TB test within 3 months - (original must be verified)
- Copy of teaching certificate or RN or LPN license (for teachers-original must be verified at session if mailed from PDE)
- Sealed copy of transcript(s) (for teachers)
- Three letters of recommendation.
Please bring a packet with copies of all your paperwork for our use. The sessions are held at the Administration Building, 1140 Salisbury Road, Allentown, PA 18103. Please remember to bring documentation for identification purposes. A list of acceptable documents can be found on the last page of the I-9 Form.
Substitute Guest Teachers (see pay rates above)
The Guest Teacher Program is a service the CLIU offers to the community and their local school districts. Individuals who have obtained a bachelor's degree from an accredited college may apply to participate in the program. The program's purpose is to provide quality substitute training to individuals with limited or no teaching experience. Guest Teacher exits the program with the basic understanding to be a substitute teacher on a day-to-day basis and an emergency permit issued by the PA Department of Education which makes the Guest Teacher eligible to substitute teach in any participating District and Career and Technical Institutes. The opportunities are rewarding and gratifying. Click here for information and to register for the program.
Substitute Support Staff Needed
- Cafeteria - $10.00/hour
- Instructional Assistant - $10.25/hour
- Secretarial - $12.24/hour
- Custodian - $12.25hour
Send support application, letter of interest, reference letters and clearances to Mrs. Mary Bishop, Salisbury Township School District, 1140 Salisbury Road, Allentown, PA 18103.