The District is self-insuring all devices, and for the 2021-2022 school year the insurance premium will be waived for all students.
The yearly insurance premium fee being waived for the 2021-2022 school year is regularly $50 per student for laptop devices (Grades 5-12), and $30 per student for iPad devices (Grades K-4). While the premium is being waived this year you will still be responsible for the deductible fee for damage or loss. The deductible fees for the 2021-2022 school year will remain with a $50 deductible for damage and a $250 deductible for theft or loss. The deductible is charged for each incident and is in addition to the insurance premium.
The following scenarios are provided to help students/parents/guardians better understand the financial obligation associated with device insurance claims. This is a sample list and in no way represents a complete list of possible scenarios.
|Repair||* Uninsured Cost|
*Uninsured costs listed are actual current part cost and subject to change at any time.
Payment of the insurance premium is required within one week of the issuance of the device. Parents/guardians/students must bring a check (cash is acceptable but not recommended) payable to (Salisbury Township School District) to school. For families with more than one student in the same school, please use a separate check for each student to pay the insurance premium. If a student does not have device insurance and the device is lost, stolen or damaged while in that student’s control, in school or off campus, the District reserves the right to hold the parents/guardians responsible for full replacement or repair cost.
Parents may not substitute homeowner or other personal insurance for District device insurance.
- Damage – Pays for damage to the laptop computer on school property or at another location such as home.
- Accidental Damage – Pays for accidental damage caused by liquid spills, drops, falls and collisions.
- Theft – Pays for loss or damage of the laptop computer due to theft. This claim requires an official copy of the local police report.
- Fire – Pays for loss or damage of the laptop computer due to fire. The claim requires an official copy of the local fire company report.
- Electrical Surge – Pays for damage to the device due to an electrical surge.
- Natural Disasters – Pays for loss caused by a natural disaster.
- Dishonest, Fraudulent, Intentional or Criminal Acts – Insurance will not cover damages or loss due to dishonest, fraudulent, intentional or criminal acts.
- Vandalism – Insurance will not cover damage or loss due to vandalism while in the student’s possession.
The District reserves the right for final determination of insurance claims.