NEW PA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS
Children in ALL grades (K-12) need the following immunizations for attendance:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis* (1 dose on or after 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given)
- 2 doses of measles, mumps and rubella**
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity
Seventh through 12th Grade ADDITIONAL immunization requirements for attendance:
- 1 dose of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap)
- 2 doses meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV)
First dose is given 11-15 years of age; a second dose is required at age 16 or entry into 12th grade. If the dose was given at 16 years of age or older, only one dose is required.
*Usually given as DTaP or DTP or DT or Td
**Usually given as MMR
The Wellness Committee’s purpose is to establish goals for and oversee health and safety policies and programs, including development, implementation and periodic review and update of the District’s Wellness Policy.
The Committee meets at least four times during the school year. Meeting dates for 2019-20 will be posted in May 2019.
The Committee is comprised of at least one representative of the following: each school level (elementary and secondary), parent/guardian, student, the Director of Child Nutrition, a physical education teacher, a school health professional, a school board member, a school administrator and other interested individuals of the general public.
If you are interested in serving the District in this capacity, please contact Randy Ziegenfuss, Ed.D. at email@example.com.