Welcome to Fourth Grade
SUPPLIES LIST (highly suggested)
- Tissues-purse pack/small box
- Water bottle-The fountain has been disconnected. There is a bottle filling station instead. The only other drink is at lunch.
- Hand sanitizer-small bottle to keep in desk
- 5 folders (your choice)-Reading, Math, Writing, Morning Work, Content
- Headphones - lf you prefer a different pair than what was provided by the PTO. | have the pair provided by PTO.
- Chapter Books-to read in class
- Scissors-the school type would be best...nothing too pointy
- Hand-held pencil sharpener
- Colored Pencils
- Dry Erase Markers/Eraser
Language Arts Program:
STORYtown is a researched-based developmental reading and language arts program. It has high quality children's literature and will expose the students to a variety of genres. The program offers explicit, systematic instruction in the areas of phonics, robust vocabulary, fluency, comprehension and writing. We are confident that this program will offer a variety of activities to reinforce instruction and learning.
Children will not switch classrooms for math this year. They will remain in their homeroom for Guided Math instruction.Salisbury students will use the current math program with a Guided Math format of delivery. Each child will work at their level of mastery. The deliverance will offer mini-lessons, small group instruction, leveled activities as well as centers for guided practice.
Units of study will be delivered through Project-Based Learning. Topics include a review of maps skills, the study of Pennsylvania, and each geographic region of the United States.
Our current program includes the study of living things, rocks and minerals, electricity, body systems and much more. STSD students will take part in the PSSA Science test in the spring.