Falcon Apps can be accessed at http://falconapps.salisburysd.org. Each student and staff member has a unique login and password. Contact your building computer technician if you need login assistance.
Falcon Apps (Google Apps for Education) is a set of online tools for communication, collaboration, time-management, and document storage. Provided by Google at no cost to the District, these tools include:
- Gmail: a fully functioning e-mail program
- Calendar: a customizable calendar and to-do list
- Contacts: an address book
- Google Drive: word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and drawing programs that allow multi-user access and editing. Google Drive also provides unlimited file storage.
- Sites: a web-page design tool
- Groups: a fully functioning threaded discussion tool
- Aviary: a set of image and audio creation and editing tools
- BrainPop: Animated curricular videos
- Many other Google Tools!
The District’s primary reasons for supplying these tools to students are:
- To provide our students with practice in using current technology applications and tools, including e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet use, survey development, graphics use and slide show creation
- To provide students with planning and time management tools to develop 21st century skills
- To facilitate “paperless” communication and transfer of work between students and teachers
- To provide adequate (30 GB) long-term storage space for student work
- To help students work collaboratively, engage in peer-editing of documents, and publishing for a wider audience
- Google Apps Security Policy – Key points: It’s our content, not Google’s. Google doesn’t look at our content. Google doesn’t share our content.
- Google Apps Education Center– This is an online learning environment dedicated to educators and students to learn how to effectively use Google Apps in an educational context.
Contact Chris Smith (email@example.com), Coordinator of Technology with questions.