Dear Harry S Truman Families,
I am honored and looking forward to be starting my third year as the principal of Harry S Truman Elementary School. As we enter the 2017-2018 school year I look back on sixteen years as a teacher or administrator, and realize what an amazing place Truman Elementary School is for our students, parents, staff, and community.
HST is a Leader in Me school. The Leader in Me is an innovative, school-wide model that emphasizes student empowerment. We help our students understand how powerful they truly are. As a district we are extremely proud of our efforts to raise the next generation of leaders.
I truly believe that partnering with parents and guardians is the best way to help students achieve success in school and in life. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, comments or concerns you may have. It is my privilege to begin another year as principal of Harry S Truman Elementary School. Only by working together will we ensure that students reach their true potential.
- Principal, Harry S Truman Elementary School, August 2015 – present
- Assistant Principal, Union Terrace Elementary School, 2013 – 2015
- Head Teacher, Washington Elementary School, 2006 – 2013
- Special Education Teacher, Washington Elementary School, 2003 – 2013
- K-12 Principal Certificate, Wilkes University, 2010
- Masters of Education in Educational Leadership, Wilkes University, 2010
- Bachelor of Science in Elementary and Special Education, East Stroudsburg University, 2002
Zachary P. Brem, Principal
610-791-2800 ext. 4501