Current Policies - Project
Policy: it is a crucial school board role in our system of education governance. Like Congress, state legislatures, and city or county councils, school boards establish the direction and structure of their school districts by adopting policies through the authority granted by state legislatures. School board policies have the force of law equal to statutes or ordinances. Policies establish directions for the district; they set the goals, assign authority, and establish controls that make school governance and management possible. Policies are the means by which educators are accountable to the public.
- This structure is not complete and does not yet contain all recommended policies. We will be making additions and changes as we move forward through the process.
- Table of Contents
- Please select a policy category:
- 1. Board of School Directors
- 2. Students and Student Services
- 3. Academic Requirements, Curriculum and Programs
- 4. School Operations
- 5. Building and Grounds
- 6. Community and Visitors
- 7. Employees
- 8. Finances
- 9. Technology
- 10. Selection, Award and Administration of Federal Contracts