Mrs. Lynn A. Fuini-Hetten, Assistant Superintendent
Lynn Fuini-Hetten is the Assistant Superintendent in the Salisbury Township School District. Prior to her work in this position, Lynn served as Supervisor of Instructional Practice, middle school teacher, instructional coach, instructional support teacher and assistant principal in the district. In her current role, Lynn is responsible for professional learning for all staff, supporting curriculum development, supervising the district’s virtual learning academy (VAST), and managing federal programs. Lynn has been an integral part in the success of Salisbury’s 1:1 teaching and learning initiative – Teaching and Learning 2020 (TL2020). As a result of her work in the area of professional development, Salisbury Township School District was recently recognized nationally as a Project RED Signature District and an Apple Distinguished Program. Lynn was recognized in 2013-14 with a mini-grant from LearningForward PA to provide professional development focused on leading the implementation of PA Core Standards for the administrative team. Lynn received a BS and an MS in elementary education from Kutztown University, principal certification from Penn State University, instructional technology certification from Kutztown University and is currently pursing a doctorate in educational leadership from Wilkes University. Lynn has taught undergraduate course at DeSales University. In May 2014 Lynn received the Wanda McDaniel Award from the Women’s Caucus of PASA (Pennsylvania’s Association of School Administrators.) Lynn is active in PASA through serving as PASA Professional Development Committee member and a PASA Women’s Caucus Executive Board member to BIO. Follow Lynn on Twitter@lfuinihetten or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.Assistant Superintendtent's Goals 2016-17#1: Instruction: Teaching and LearningGOAL: Build capacity of stakeholders (school leaders, teachers, instructional assistants, parents and students) to realize the qualities in the Portrait of A Graduate and Belief Statements about LearningDeliverables:
#2: Community:GOAL: Build and strengthen the capacity for community, providing opportunities for the Salisbury Township School District to move toward becoming the hub of the Salisbury communityDeliverables:
- Share vision with stakeholders (Opening Day Convocation, Open House presentations, Parent meetings)
- Agendas which detail direct instruction for building leadership teams
- Publicize Profile of a Graduate and Belief Statements about Learning sketchnotes through blog posts/presentations/student meetings
- Develop resources for principals to use during buildinglevel professional learning
- Provide monthly verbal and/or written updates (at Board/Committee meetings and in Board communications) on the professional development and work of building leadership teams to build capacity
- Present publicly at the Curriculum & Technology Committee meeting, May 2017
#3: Instruction: Data Driven Action PlanningGOAL: Build the capacity of principals and central office staff to gather and analyze data to develop action plans for improved student achievementDeliverables:
- Collaborate with Salisbury Township officials to plan a community event
- Design and offer a series of parent workshops
- Celebrate STSD successes
- Establish the Alumni Wall of Fame
- Continue to strengthen the Salisbury Education Foundation through active involvement and development of opportunities to benefit students
- Continue posting about district related events and activities on SalisuburySD.org
- Establish a Salisbury Graduate feature on the blog SalisburySD.US
- Promote the new District/Community RCN Cable Channel
- Promote the Annual Art Show as a community event 2
- Maintain Communication
- Implement updated District/Building websites
- Analyze the use of various social media tools among various stakeholder groups
- Promote use of Twitter and Instagram among staff to tell the story of our schools and classrooms
- Implement a family/staff exit survey/entrance survey, Reflect on results to change practice.
- Continue Coffee & Conversation meetings with parents/community members
- Distribute electronic Fact Card to the Salisbury community including realtors
Assistant Superintendtent's Goals 2015-16
- Analyze current resources/practices around data
- Meet with building leaders to introduce processes and protocols for data analysis using multiple data sources
- Include data driven action planning as a monthly conversations with principals
- Provide monthly verbal and/or written updates (at Board/Committee meetings and in Board communications) on the progress of building action plans
Goals (Time frame: January - June 2016):
Instruction: Teaching and Learning (MET) - Develop a clearly articulated vision of classrooms in 2020: meetings/focus groups with representative stakeholders including teachers, students, parents and community; professional development session with diverse teacher group
Deliverable: Monthly updates (at Curriculum Meetings) on the vision development process and progress. Agendas from professional development sessions, Public Vision presentation at the Curriculum & Technology Committee meeting - May 23, 2016.
Communication (MET) - Increase communication with Salisbury Township stakeholders.
Deliverables: Attendance at school/district events, Fact card for Realtors, Blog Posts, Agendas for meetings with Realtors, Updated information about SEF on website, Increasing visibility of Salisburysd.us, Information packet for new residents)
Community (MET) - Develop a clearly articulated action plan to promote Salisbury Township School District as the hub of the Salisbury community.
- Deliverable: Monthly verbal and written updates (at Board meetings and in Board communications) on community engagement activities and assessments including school climate surveys, Coffee and Conversation meetings, Community Breakfast, District-wide Art Show. Public presentation of the community action plan at the Curriculum & Technology Committee meeting - May 23, 2016.