District Goals 2015-16
Goal #1: Foster a safe, caring, responsive, inclusive school community that embraces diversity and ensures everyone is treated with dignity and respect. Specific points of emphasis include:
- bullying prevention - Grade K-12
- Leader in Me - Grade K-5
- advisor/advisee programs - Grade 6-12
Goal #2: Continue to provide meaningful and relevant professional development to deepen our knowledge and refine our instructional practice. Specific points of emphasis include:
- the District-wide initiative, Teaching & Learning 2020 (TL2020), focusing on effective personal digital access K-12.
- the SAMR continuum and TPACK framework in instructional design.
- the Understanding by Design curriculum development framework in conjunction with the PA Department of Education Standards Aligned System (SAS).
- the piloting of PA Department of Education Teacher Effectiveness Model based on Charlotte Danielson’s Framework for Teaching.
- the implementation of Leader in Me in grades K-5.
Goal #3: Improve learning for all students through planned instruction that includes best instructional practices in order to realize the district vision.
Goal #4: Further develop and sustain a culture of self-directed learning, innovative thinking and responsible risk taking for all students and staff.
Goal #5: Increase the leadership capacity in students, teachers, support staff, and administrators.