Substituting in Salisbury
Substitute Teachers & Substitute School Nurses Needed
Days 1-20 - $110/day
Days 21-60 - $120/day
61 or more days - $130/day
Substitute applications are accepted on Tuesdays at the Administration Building, 1140 Salisbury Road, Allentown, by appointment. Please click here to schedule a date and time.
Applicants must include the following items in their application packet:
- A complete and signed application (professional application for teachers, support staff application for school nurses)
- Letter of interest
- A copy of current clearances within 60 months.
- FBI fingerprint Clearance (where prompted on site, enter Service Code 1KG6XN to register) or receipt indicating registration ID# (Only the PA Department of Education version will be accepted)
- Act 34: PA State Police Request for Criminal History Check - https://epatch.state.pa.us
- Act 151: PA Child Abuse History Clearance https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
- Act 168: Please download form here and complete page 1 and sign and date where indicated at the top of page 2. Bring the completed forms with you to your session. You will prepare one for each of your current and previous employers that fall within the following categories (please include fax numbers of employers):
- The applicant's current employer (regardless of whether the employer is a school entity and/or where the applicant had direct contact with children);
- All former employers of the applicant that were school entities; and
- All former employers where the applicant was employed in a position where he/she had direct contact with children.
- Current Resume
- Physical within 12 months - for health records form click here (original must be verified at session)
- TB test within 3 months - (original must be verified)
- Copy of teaching certificate or RN or LPN license (for teachers-original must be verified at session if mailed from PDE)
- Sealed copy of transcript(s) (for teachers)
- Three letters of recommendation.
Please bring a packet with copies of all your paperwork for our use. The sessions are held at the Administration Building, 1140 Salisbury Road, Allentown, PA 18103. Please remember to bring documentation for identification purposes. A list of acceptable documents can be found on the last page of the I-9 Form.
Substitute Guest Teachers (see pay rates above)The Guest Teacher Program is a service the CLIU offers to the community and their local school districts. Individuals who have obtained a bachelor's degree from an accredited college may apply to participate in the program. The program's purpose is to provide quality substitute training to individuals with limited or no teaching experience. Guest Teacher exits the program with the basic understanding to be a substitute teacher on a day-to-day basis and an emergency permit issued by the PA Department of Education which makes the Guest Teacher eligible to substitute teach in any participating District and Career and Technical Institutes. The opportunities are rewarding and gratifying. Click here for information and to register for the program.
Substitute Support Staff Needed
Cafeteria - $10.00/hour
Instructional Assistant - $10.25/hour
Secretarial - $12.24/hour
Custodian - $12.25hour
Send support application, letter of interest, reference letters and clearances to Mrs. Mary Bishop, Salisbury Township School District, 1140 Salisbury Road, Allentown, PA 18103.
Salisbury Township School District is an equal rights and opportunity agency and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, pregnancy, marital status, handicap or disability, AIDS or HIV status, union membership or national origin/ethnicity in its activities, educational programs, or employment practices as required by Title VI, VII, IX, and Section 504. For information regarding civil rights, grievance procedures, and/or information regarding services, activities, and facilities that are accessible to and usable by handicapped persons, contact the Coordinator of Human Resources (Title VI, Title IX Coordinator, and Section 504 Coordinator) at 1140 Salisbury Road, Allentown, PA 18103 610-797-2062.